Thursday, April 28, 2016

123 Concrete Blocks Later

This past weekend, I was once again, very busy working on my fallen Garden wall.  Between Saturday and Sunday, I moved 123 Concrete Blocks/Caps, which each weigh approximately 45#.  That's about 5289 pounds of concrete blocks!!  I carefully put 2 at a time, into my wheelbarrow and walked 140 large steps pushing the wheelbarrow...to the Garage, where I decided to build a
Pen for my Pups, so I don't need a gate to keep them in it, while we sit out there!

Before I began working, this is how my yard looked, many stacks of blocks and caps - and even pieces of blocks.  I couldn't stand it anymore!  Luckily the weather cooperated and it was cool and semi-sunny.



This is how the yard looks now, with all of the blocks moved.



This is the new Pen I built in the garage.  When I dig out and move the remaining blocks from the wall, I will be expanding this...to the expansion crack you see - it will take up 1/4 of the garage...and be big enough to put a lounge chair in there for me!!  Particularly nice, since I had to get rid of my patio swing, it just fell apart over the winter...and I wouldn't have been able to use it without alot of repairs.  I kept the seat cushions for the Pups in their Pen and also kept the canopy from the swing, which I can hang from 2 hooks I put in in the garage door opening, to shield us from the western sun.




Now...I have several more steps to work on, to finish the wall - build the new connection from the side wall to the inside wall in the corners [front and back], remove all of the dirt from the 60 foot wall, straighten the inside 50 foot wall and moving alot of those blocks to do that and remove several in the middle of that wall to install a gate, so I can go out that way to pick tomatoes and whatever else I plant in the back of the wall garden, without having to walk all the way around!!

If you've missed any of my Garden 2016 posts - especially since the wall fell down, you can ready them HERE.

Oh...and Jury Duty is coming up soon!

Then, I will be having some work done on my house by professionals after that.  Busy, busy.

Thanks for stopping by...have a lovely day! 

Joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday [TOHOT] Here.  Please stop by and see what others are up to!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, WOW what a job you are doing and it looks so good. I know you have to be tired but a good kind of tired having accomplished so much. Take good care and be careful going to Jury Duty. Prayers for you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are sure coming along and doing a great job on your wall. I remember the day it went down. You are quite amazing.
    My best Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! You've been going to town! Everything looks wonderful! Take care and don't overdo it!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one busy little Lady! I don't know how you do it, but you do:) Love the neatness too. You keep a very pristine home, gardens and garage!
    So Happy to see you back with us at Thoughts Of Home On Thursday-you have been missed.
    xo
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a busy and hardworking Bee! I am loving your idea for the puppy pen, definitely going to stay tuned to see more. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan, you amaze me! I wish I lived close by, I'd put on my work gloves and help you. I can imagine that you've had some sore nights and some good muscles.

    Loving this peaceful music today. Happy Thoughts of Home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan- this has been quite a project and you are getting it done !
    Thank you for sharing this at TOHOT!

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wall looks awesome. Thanks for sharing at Thoughts of Home on Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Jan!!! I tip my hat to you. I am a bit late to the TOHOT party this week due to my college semester finals but I'm so glad that I didn't miss this. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete