Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My House at Christmas - Circa 2007

This is how I used to decorate our house.  Two big trees...and lots of other pretty things.  I even decorated our Bedroom and Den (no pictures) with trees and wreaths and pretty things.  I even decorated the front porch and yard!!  I haven't shared these photos in a number of years and definitely not on this blog, so I thought I would today.  Sometimes I miss all the decorations...but I don't have the urge to do it anymore...or enough energy to get it all
done, so it gets put on the back burner and I do the minimal decorating.  Enjoy the tour.

After moving into our house in 2006, I painted our kitchen - the 2 long and smallest walls in our house.  I painted them Red.  I had a Black and Gold Valance, like the panels and valances here in our Great Room and lots of wood cabinets to soften the red.  The 2 tall walls on either end of our Kitchen were painted a mossy green, which I absolutely loved and still do.  That made me decide to carry red accents throughout the house.  And for Christmas, I decorate with Red, Gold and Silver.  It made the house very festive and old-fashioned looking with the Red.  I loved it...but, soon, I began to feel anxious with the red...and eventually that all changed.

Here is another photo of our Great Room, looking through French Doors into My Office {used to be "our" office}


Off to the left on the very edge of the photo, you can see a bit of my chair...pulled up to another desk.  This is when hubby and I shared office space.  Little by little, I {and the 3 Pups} took over the entire office!!  The desk you see under the window, you can't see anymore.  I put my massage table directly in front of that desk...the length of the desk, in between the 2 bookcases.  Before I did that, I emptied the desk drawers, knowing I wouldn't be able to access them any more.  The cabinet doors on the bottom of each bookcase were removed, making way for a "Den" for the Pups on the left and the one on the right is for toys.  They love those spaces, and it reduces clutter in my office.


Our entertainment center in the Great Room, opposite the window wall.  It's all made out of Ash.  You can see our old carpeting there...I forgot how awful it looked.

These photos are from 2007...quite a while ago.


My Snow People...they've all found good homes elsewhere.



The White Christmas Tree, in our Dining Room.  Yes, those are Black with a Bronzey-Gold design in the Drapery Panels.  I loved them.  But after 7 years, they had to go.

In the photo below, you can see one of my old Chandeliers.  It was the 2nd one there.  It took the place of the super skinny one that was installed in the house when it was built. 


I hope you enjoyed this short tour of my house...and how it looked 7 years ago.  Alot has already changed, but some is still the same - I think it is.  I'll have to check!

Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

  1. Hello dear Jan! Your home certainly looked beautiful for Christmas :) I hope you are doing well and enjoying this lovely time of the year. May you have a very merry Christmas. Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh it is so so beautiful Jan! I hope you are doing well my friend! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jan, how beautifully decorated your home was looking back. I remember just meeting you back in 2007. How fast the years are flying by. Thank you for sharing and all the ideas over the seasons. My prayers remain with you and wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
    Love and Blessings my friend.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Jan,
    This is all so beautiful and the music to go along with your home tour is exquisite and so touching.
    I have not known you as long as some other bloggers, but rest assured, you are in my prayers.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with good health and happiness.
    Love,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete