Friday, January 29, 2016

Didn't Get My "Do" Yet - Still Looking

Although far from my haircolor, I love this Pixie Style Hairstyle.  The Pixie is for me...now to just narrow it down to a couple, to show a stylist...or to go on when I cut my own hair.  Since I don't have a specific reason to get my hair cut at this time, there is really no rush...so this could take a while.   It's been over 8 years since I've been to a hairstylist and that time, she butchered me.  I mean, where bangs and sides frame the face...she cut my bangs way too short so it looked like a V was chopped into the sides at the temples.  I'd been going to herfor about 2 years when she did that...
 and I just resumed cutting my own hair.  It's cheaper, quicker and easier sometimes.  If I just knew someone who was getting their hair cut in a Pixie style and was going to a shop around me...I might feel more comfortable.


I sort of like this...with the tad longer sides...but it looks like too much hair to me.


I have noticed that alot of Pixie Cuts are combed up from the back, like where a collick would be.  I can't decide if I like that look.  But, I do like this shorter bangs, longer sides, windswept look. 

Another reason for hesitation at going and getting my hair cut, with shorter bangs is I have no eyebrows of my own.  When I was 21 or so, I had a non-cancerous lemon size tumor removed from my thyroid gland, which took a while to even be diagnosed.  During that time - about 6 weeks, I gained 30 pounds, lost my eyebrows and eyelashes and alot of my hair...and lots of unpleasant things from an almost inactive thyroid gland.  While my hair is thick now and my eyelashes have grown back in [not as thick as previously], my eyebrows never grew back in.  I have several stray hairs, but nothing that even comes close to resembling an eyebrow.  I've tried many products over the years to add eyelashes to my face...but some of them make me look ridiculous.  Some aren't so bad and don't look too bad with a longer bang line.  But, I'm getting tired of that look.

Today, I purchased a new Eyebrow Crayon from Maybelline.  It really doesn't look too bad and goes on rather easy too.  Problem with it is, it wipes off easy too.  So, if I accidentally touch my face near my eyebrow, say to scratch an itch...I could be mono-eyebrow.  I wouldn't like that.  I'm going to try something else with it, to see if it works tomorrow.  This is the item I purchased - at Walgreens for $8.49.  Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan, love all these short styles. You wear short hair so well. I wish I could but it just doesn't work for me as my hair grows so fast and cowlicks at the base of my neck. Sorry the eyebrow pencil isn't working. I love Prestige brand pencils. They stay in place, never smudge or fade. Love them for eyeliner and brows. Walgreens used to carry them but now you can only find them at Ulta.
    Have a nice weekend. Happy Sunday. xo

    ReplyDelete