Thursday, October 22, 2015

Shape, Style & Soul

There's a quiet moment at the end of each day when my heart and mind settles. I quickly inventory what I did and didn't do well.  I don't know about you, but it's SO EASY to get overwhelmed by what I didn't do or couldn't do for whatever reason. Then, I get down on myself for not being more organized, efficient, smarter, kinder - whatever.   When I look at this verse, it reminds me that Jesus came to save me. My greatest need...
in life isn't to be MORE, but my greatest need was to recognize that because of Jesus' great love and sacrifice for me, I am ENOUGH. Those empty spaces and gaps in my life - those flaws or imperfections that drive me crazy are the same places and Jesus uses to remind me that I need him. 

Where do you struggle today? Let Jesus have that struggle. 

"Jesus, I give you _________. I can't do it/fix it/deal with it anymore. Jesus, I need you to fill the spaces of my struggle. Let me have more of you. Amen."

Visit Barbara on her Facebook Page
Barb Roose is a speaker and writer living in Toledo, Ohio. She's the Directional Leader of Spiritual Formation at CedarCreek Church in Perrysburg, Ohio and part of the weekend teaching team. Barb's passion is reaching people with the hope of Christ and teaching the Bible in a way that is easy and relevant to their lives.

Her book, Enough Already: Winning Your Ugly Struggle with Beauty is now available for purchase on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com. It will be released on March 17, 2015.

Barb speaks at women's conferences in the US and abroad. She is the co-host of the Fabulous Women's Conference at CedarCreek Church. Inquires about Barb's speaking can be emailed to barbr@cedarcreek.tv.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post to share a beautiful lady. I will make note of her book and add it to my list. Hope you are doing well and have a great weekend. Lots of rain here with flooding. Hugs and Blessings, cm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan! I haven't heard of her but I'm sure this is a great book. Hope all is well with you and that you're still feeling well. Thanks for poppingi n to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete