Thursday, November 29, 2012

Somewhere In Time Part 1

Part I of Somewhere In Time 
From two different times, he finds her.  And she asks these haunting words - "Is It You?"  
In this unabashedly romantic film, an elderly woman approaches playwright Richard Collier (Christopher Reeve) and presses a pocket watch into...
his hand whispering, "Come back to me." Years later, Collier becomes obsessed with a picture of an early 1900s actress (Jane Seymour) and discovers that she's the woman who gave him the watch. Collier wills himself back in time to find the woman, and the pair begins a love affair out of time.

 Here is the Trailer of this movie...


The first time I ever saw this movie, was in the Theatre. Through the entire movie, I sat mesmerized. Not only by the scenery, but by these Two Young Actors...Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour. The story line held my attention and my heart ached for them both. My emotions were all over the place...happy one minute and sad the next. But...I keep coming back to this movie, time and time again. Tom and I have probably watched it 5 or 6 times since we've been married. Many times when we go on vacation, we take it with us and watch it. It is truly a Romantic movie.

 Elise and Richard


That Memorable Kiss






Elise McKenna's Necklace  
The moment when Richard first sees the portrait of Elise in the film was also the first time Christopher Reeve saw the portrait. The director's objective was to get a genuine reaction from him, so it was kept hidden from Christopher Reeve until the moment Richard first turns and sees it.


Come back tomorrow for Part II of Somewhere in Time

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jan! You know how I love this movie and remember when you asked us to give our take on it. I loved doing it. Hope you're feeling better.
    be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan that is a wonderful movie. It's been years since I've seen it. I'll have to rent it on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, I love this movie too. After Larry and I saw it, I went and bought the sheet music score for the theme music and I have played it on the piano ever since, over 20 plus years.

    It is one of the greats.

    Have a special day dear friend.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete