Saturday, June 6, 2015

Garage Sale

After taking my car out of the garage in the morning...I set up one table and loaded it with my Old Country Roses China and Platters and Accessory Pieces.  Then I took the Patio Swing pieces out to the driveway...pulled 2 huge rugs over to one spot on the floor where I could display them partially...swept a few spots...put a Garage Sale sign on the roof of my car and parked a few houses closer to the main road...hauled my old wooden ladder out to the end of the driveway with a Garage Sale sign and Red flags on it, so people could see...
that I was having a sale...and then I sat and waited!

It was a lovely day - 69 to 72 degrees and mostly sunny!

But, I sat and waited some more.  OK, I didn't sit and wait...I gardened and waited.

I waited a total of 3 1/2 hours and absolutely no one came!  There were very few cars even driving through my subdivision...and the entire place was having Garage Sales.

After I moved the items outside, back into the garage and pulled my car in...I began walking up the steps to my door...and I stepped wrong...so for most of the day, I've been limping around.  Just wonderful!

I know I shared these items that I had on my sale - and they're still there.  Maybe I'll try tomorrow, early.  I don't like doing sales on Sunday, but there won't be a time for Garage Sales here until next Spring and I certainly don't want to be sitting here for a year with all of this stuff.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 87 degrees - not at all my kind of weather!




Collapsible Picnic Table - Heavy Duty Plastic and Metal

Vintage Kromex Lazy Susan


Vintage Pyrex

Royal Albert Old Country Roses Serving Piece


Royal Albert Old Country Roses China Service for 8 + other pieces

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, best wishes for a great sale. I hope you do really well and sell everything. Love your pics. You sure have some wonderful pyrex. Love the blue and white. Sounds like you are very prepared. Be careful by yourself and stay safe.
    Hugs and Blessings, CM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan! Oh, I wish I lived close to you, I'd relieve you of some of your Pyrex. I remember your dishes and they are so beautiful. I wish you the best with your garage sale.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete