Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Burlington Willis-Graves for Tea

This morning, I will be enjoying an Essential Oil Whirlpool Bath, a Massage and then a Tea Luncheon.  I've decided this will be a day of pampering, especially since it is my 8 month anniversary of getting Bell's Palsy.  Yesterday I rushed around to finish a few things, among them getting my Recovery Video done.  It was a tad more emotional for me, for some reason...and I didn't get it finished.  So...after Lunch, I will be working on the video and posting it in the afternoon.  This will all take place at one of our favorite B&B's...it's in Kentucky and it's called the Burlington Willis-Graves Bed & Breakfast Inn.  It's a lovely place and we have the upper floor of their log house...
the William Rouse Retreat.  This is such a cozy place, with the King Bed angled in the corner, the sloped ceilings...a pretty Queen Anne style sofa - there's a chair, desk and a wardrobe, a refrigerator and a microwave.  There are plenty of windows too.  Off the Bedroom is a huge bathroom with a Steam Shower and an Air Jet Tub, with bubbles that bubble up from the bottom of the tub.  The bathroom also has slate floors. 
  


This is where I'll be enjoying a cup of Tea before my Massage today.  I even brought along my special Tea Cup and Saucer, "Celebration of the Old Country Roses Garden"...and Tea Pot, "Celebration" too.  They're Both Old Country Roses, by Royal Albert.



I'll take my Tea to the Bathroom...and enjoy it while I take my Bath...and then a Steam Shower.  Ahhhhhhhhh.



When you stay at this B&B a full breakfast is included...in the main house, in the Dining Room.  While I'm busy, hubby will be enjoying Breakfast in the Dining Room...and then a walk around the grounds.  Perhaps he'll even stop in an Antique Shop or 2...so he can let me know which shops I'll want to go through.




Of course, after my Bath and Massage, I'll be enjoying my Tea Luncheon and hubby will be joining me.  We'll not only have our favorite Blackberry Blossom Tea (a loose leaf Green Tea), but we'll also enjoy: 







Chocolate Eclairs and the Decadent Chocolate 


Then...it's a quick drive home, make-up, contacts, hair and then in front of the camera to record my Bell's Palsy Recovery Video.  I promise, I will get it posted in the afternoon...after I thoroughly enjoy my morning.

Of course, with such a busy morning/afternoon, you will forgive me if I don't get around to visiting everyone until later in the day - but believe me, I will visit all of you!!  I love Tea Parties!  Or did you guess that already?  On my old blog, I used to have a monthly Tea Party - sometimes with quite a few other bloggers linking up!  We had a great time!  :) 

Hope you enjoyed your visit...and my Story.  Happy Tea Time to You.

13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day you have planned. Enjoy the pampering, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan
    So glad you decided the join our tea gathering, both hosts are lovely ladies. The B&B is fantastic, very luxurious and a tea luncheon that looks devine. I hope the video is successful, it will provide a good learning tool for BP.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jan,
    I think you are a lucky girl! That is a gorgeous BandB and you are so blessed to be there!
    I am delighted to see your lovely tea cup and teapot. I have the tea pot too! I love it! I love to take my china with me to hotels. It makes the stay even more comfortable!
    Enjoy your day!
    Best wishes on your video!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a dreamy place to stay and pamper yourself. Lucky you, enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm.... I'll have one of those sandwiches and a dip in that awesome tub!!!
    ♥♥♥ Have a good day!!
    Breahn

    ReplyDelete
  6. That inn is beautiful and the lunch, massage, tea all sound so wonderful..ahhhhh! Enjoy your day and remember to breathe deep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my --- this sounds like the perfect day at a wonderful B&B. I love your Royal Albert. I hope you enjoyed your day! It's good to spoil yourself! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place! Enjoy pampering yourself and enjoy the food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW what a wonderful day for yourself, and special time together with your hubby.

    I wish you the very best of health.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi: What a beautiful B & B! You are so lucky to have gone to a place like this. The country rose dishes are my favorite. Take care of yourself and have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jan,
    What a beautiful B&B! The china is gorgeous and the tea treats look scrumptious. I am glad you were able to enjoy this little bit of luxury. I have a very dear friend who also has Bells Palsy and she has recovered quite well from it. Do take care and thank you for coming to tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jan,
    I LOVE that Country Rose teacup! I have a small collection of Country Rose teacups, but this is my very first time I see that one. It's gorgeous!
    Blessings,
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found your blog through Melissa's House and Home and am so glad I did. So lovely! We grew up in WI so it is especially wonderful to see homes from that beautiful place. And your rosaries are stunning. Well done all around!

    ReplyDelete