Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Marvelous Water Views Door County - Revisited

***Originally posted July 27, 2014***
Beautiful Surroundings for This Week's Home Tour -  Door County, Wisconsin - the most marvelous Water Views Ever!  
Most of you know I have a passion for Door County Wisconsin Vacations.  While searching various things in Door County on line, I found this lovely home.  It's for sale!  But, alas, it's way over my budget.  But who says we can't dream?  So, I am sharing it with all of my Home Tour Dreamers!  This is truly a beautiful place, surrounded by water - Door County is a 72 mile long peninsula, filled with beautiful scenery, beaches and homes.  There is alot to do and see in Door County.  If you're considering a vacation...check it out!




























12676 Door Bluff Park Road

Ellison Bay, Wisconsin 54210 

Built into the side of a bluff in the secluded wooded community adjacent to Door Bluff Headlands County Park, this mid-century modern gem was designed by Wisconsin Architectural Hall of Fame "Green" pioneers Willis and Lillian Leenhouts. Wraparound decks are on both levels of this totally rehabbed home. The high end teak kitchen boasts fossilized Ontario limestone countertops, stainless steel SubZero refrigerator, 6 burner WOLF range, Viking hood, Miele dishwasher, and separate SubZero beverage cooler. The baths feature German porcelain Duravit sinks and commodes.  There's over 400' of Lake Michigan frontage with a new 120' steel and concrete pier with 60' dogleg and 60' extension with extra wide dredging built before the state-wide moratorium. Moorings for 4 boats are possible. The buildable adjacent parcel and teak furniture designed for the original home are included in the offering. 

For additional information, please email Kurt.Penn@sothebysrealty.com or call Kurt at 773-206-0302. The photography is by Richard Steinberger.

This is a Single Family Home of:
2,000.00 Sq.Ft.
on a lot of 3.40 Acres

ThisSingle Family Home has:
4bedrooms
2Full Baths
1Partial Bath
and was built in1965

Asking Price:  $2,450,000

More information Here

7 comments:

  1. GADZOOKS, Batman! Who would want to sell / leave such a gem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, what a stunning home. WOW a little piece of paradise by the water. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.
    Have a great day!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm dreamin with you. How beautiful is that. The outside reminds me of a light house. My husband and I have dreamed of living on the water… ocean, lake or river works fine for us. Thanks for sharing..I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous is that! =) I'll be dreaming about that one for a while! =) Blessings and Sunshine, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan! Oh, this is lovely! Rustic but elegant and the views are gorgeous! I'll bet that costs a pretty penny. Thanks for popping in to see me and I either had a Tiny Tears or a Betsy Wetsy - I can't remember! :)
    Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jan, This is just amazing! I wanted to also say your blog design looks so lovely! I love the way you have put it together! I hope you are having a wonderful summer! I have had a wonderful time! I hope one day to spend some time right on the water!
    Hope your garden is giving you some fresh produce by now! Missing you!
    Love, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that's beautiful, but pricy. I will have to stay right here. ...And dream of places like that. Hope you are doing well. It's been very hot and uncomfortable here. Take care and stay cool. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete