Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Master Bedroom Re-Do

Here is a Photo that Shows You Our Bedroom Suite on the Showroom Floor...And In Our Home.  The bottom Photo shows Our Bedroom the way it was Before I started the Current Make-Over.  I hope this post will entice you to continue watching for UPDATES on our Whole-House Make-Over!!  A While back, I showed you some of my Design Options for my All Over House ReDesign.   Today, I am going to show you our Master Bedroom Furniture and how it currently looks...and show/tell you why my First Choice...
for a Bedspread won't work on our Bed.  Here's Our Bedroom Suite (well, part of it).  The Bed is a Platform Style Bed...but rather than our Mattress laying flat on a hard surface, our bed has a recessed area to hold a Low-Profile Box Spring designed to go with Our Foam Mattress.  The color of the Wood is a Dark Brown/Red and any Hardware is Brushed Silver.  The "inserts" are brownish-black Leather.

We purchased this set when we moved into our current house in March 2006.  It's well built and looks so pretty.  The one thing I don't like about it is the area all around the bed (of the frame) that sticks out about 3-4".  I've stubbed my toes, banged my legs on the edges in the middle of the night...and it makes choosing bed coverings extra difficult.


Remember this beautiful textured Bedspread I showed HERE?  

It looked even MORE beautiful in person - However, because the kick-pleat on the corners had an underskirt that fit tightly, it was a no-go on our Platform Bed and had to be returned.  Aaack!

So, back to the drawing board - looking for another Bedspread or Comforter Set that will work. 




Here's our NightStand - we have 2 of them.  Simple and very pretty.


Of course, I went with the Mirror that matches...


the Dresser


And here is how all of the furniture looks in our Bedroom at this time.  The Comforter, Shams & Draperies are Cream with Gold-to-Tan Roses and a hint of Blue flowers, with ever-so-light green leaves.  I have sheers shown here on the windows with roll-up Shades, with scalloped edges.



The door to the Master Bath, with a large corner Whirlpool Tub.


This door leads to our 12'6" x 7' closet!  It's HUGE!!


The Dresser and Mirror, directly across from the 2 Windows on the Bed Wall


While I work on re-doing our Master Bedroom...what Room or Area of Your Home are you working on?  

In case you're wondering what takes me so long - since getting Bell's Palsy 15 months ago, and still being in the recovery stage, I don't have as much energy/stamina as I did prior.  I hate to complain about it or even talk about it, but some of you have commented on the length of time it takes me to get big projects finished.  Some days, it's enough just to get out of bed, get ready for the day and do a few things around the house.  Other days, I have a bit more energy.  Just keepin' it real and wanted you to know!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, I simply love your master bedroom and the furniture is gorgeous. You did a wonderful job with this makeover and it looks so fresh and relaxing. What a calm place to retreat to at the end of the day.
    The lamps are gorgeous too. You have an eye for just the right pieces my friend.

    I am back from my time away. It seems to have flown by. We went on our Ruby Anniversary getaway and had a fabulous time on Coronado island Ca. Hated to come home to the 107 degrees here. I am so ready for fall.
    I am back to blogging but in limited posts. Also I am the hostess for ECS giveaway this month. If you are a member you can sign up to win or become a member if not. It is free and lots of great sites to visit.

    Have a great week.
    See you again soon,
    hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, your bedroom is fabulous! The makeover is fresh and calming too. You must use that jacuzzi tub quite abit. How lucky to have such a large closet. One can never have too big of a closet. I hope you are feeling ok. Take care of yourself. xoxo Linda

    ReplyDelete