Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Royal Albert

Welcome to Tea!  Have a seat and we'll share some Tea & Conversation.  I am Serving Chamomile Tea and Cottage Cheese & Raisin Biscuits.   Here is some of My Royal Albert Old Country Roses Tea Cups and Saucers in a pretty papered Wooden Tray, lined with a doily and a pretty hand-adorned Tea Towel.  I love this Royal Albert Old Country Roses Basket-Weave and Ribbons Tea Pot, Sugar Bowl & Creamer...




And since we're drinking Loose-Leaf Tea, I got out my Royal Albert Old Country Roses Strainer and Dish.



{These are soooo yummy...Jan}

Cottage Cheese and Raisin Biscuits


2 cups of all purpose flour
4 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of salt
I egg, beaten
1 cup of cottage cheese
2 tbsp cooking oil 
1/4 cup of milk
2/3 cup of raisins (use dried cranberries or chopped up dried apricots)

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, then make a well in the centre.  In a second bowl, beat the egg, add the cottage cheese and beat a little more.  Stir in the oil and milk.  Pour wet ingredients into the well and stir, forming a soft dough.  Put on a floured board and knead about 10 times.  (If the dough seems a bit wet, just add a little more flour.)  Pat out to about 3/4 inch thickness (2 cm) and cut out biscuits with a floured juice glass, cookie cutter, whatever you have.  Put on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for about 12 minutes.  (Or into a pan so that the biscuits touch)  Makes 12-14 biscuits.













11 comments:

  1. I love royal albert! I'm not sure I've ever seen the one you have on the left with the lovely green. What a pretty display and yum! I might have to try those busquits they look scrumptious!

    Lovely post
    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jan,
    Your blog is just so gorgeous! I love your rose wall paper and your music! What a treat to stop by for a visit. Beautiful Royal Albert OCR. Your tea tray looks so lovely. And your cottage cheese and raisin biscuits look amazing! Omgosh! I would love one with a cup of chamomile : )
    Hugs
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful tea service! And the biscuits-yum! I'm always looking for treats to bake!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty Royal Albert OCR always sets a lovely table. The biscuits look wonderful! What a charming post! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan, What a wonderful tea today. Perfect on this cold morning. I love the teapot set with roses and ribbon accent. Royal Albert is a favorite. The biscuits look so yummy. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I think I will try it when my company are here from Michigan.
    Wishing you a special day.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Royal Albert is such a beautiful patter and your biscuits look YUMMY!
    Hope you are having a GREAT week...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally, I have been having trouble commenting here this morning.. for some reason... Love the tea and biscuits! They look so yummy!!! I am going to have to try!!!
    Blessings, Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Old Country Roses is such a beautiful pattern. I love the tea cups and the tea pot set with its basket weave design. The cottage cheese biscuits look amazing, so I'll definitely have to try those this week. Happy Tuesday! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling Royal Albert tea set! I've never seen one like yours! So special! Your teacups are beautiful and I'm going to try your recipe soon! Have a wonderful week!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty tea set! I've not seen one with a bow before! I like different tea trays/carts and I really like the one you used here! Cottage Cheese in biscuits? That's unique, too!!! Thanks for sharing these wonderful things!
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann,

      The only way I found that I could respond to you is here, so....the Teapot is very unqiue with the Bow, isn't it? When I saw it I bought it right away!! :) Yes, cottage cheese in the biscuits - and are they yummy. I made them just the other day, and they are easy to make, quick, too and ohhhhhhhhh so good!

      Jan ♥

      Delete