Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Friend...


A Priceless Gift, by Helen Steiner Rice
 Isn't it amazing how we all seem to make friends that we have never even met?  Sometimes there's that connection that makes it seem that you've known someone forever!  My friend, Celeste, who lives in Texas and is from the Blog Celestina Marie Design sent me a surprise Gift in the mail last...
week.  When I say surprise...I mean surprise!!  I recognize her packages, because she always has them decorated so pretty.  They must be the prettiest packages the Postal Service sees!!  So...I ripped it open and found this pretty box inside...with a card tucked under the ribbon.  Friendship is a priceless gift.


That can't be bought or sold,
But its value is far greater
Than a mountain made of gold.
For gold is cold and lifeless,
It cannot see nor hear,
And in your times of trouble,
It is powerless to cheer.
It has no ears to listen,
No heart to understand.
It cannot bring you comfort 
Or reach out a helping hand.
So when you ask God for a gift,
Be thankful that he sends,
Not diamonds, pearls or riches,
But the love of a real, true friend.

And when I opened up the box, I found the most beautiful handmade ornament I've ever seen.  It had Celeste's hand-painted Roses, a Lady, Boa fringe, Glitter and dangling Crystals.  It's the most romantic Christmas Ornament or Decoration in my case...ever!  (I remind you, I have ALOT of Celeste's beautiful trays, boxes, plaques, lamps, ornaments...and this one is the tops!!)

See for yourselves...

On the table, you can catch a glimpse of the pretty Christmas Card, with a hand-written note by Celeste...and the beautiful Tag she made, too.


I'm attached the ribbon at the top of the ornament to the switch on the lamp...and it hangs perfectly well there.  The first night it was there and the lamp was on, the dogs were a little apprehensive when the heat turned on...the vent is right beneath and to the left of the table.  The heat made the ornament wiggle and the boa trim flutter about.  Now that it's been a few days, they're just fine with it.


And here's the close-up of it.  It's so dreamy and beautiful.  It's ethereal!  It's gorgeous.  I love it!!


Thank you Celeste...from the bottom of my heart!!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jan
    Yes friendship is a blessing. What a sweet post and I love the poem from a favorite author. So pretty how you hung your ornament. It is so kind of you for the mention my friend. You are a gift to me.

    Wishing wonderful days ahead and God to bless your path.
    Love and prayers,
    CM

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jan! This is lovely and I just love HSRs work, don't you?
    Have a Merry Christmas,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Jan. Not only are Celeste's creations beautiful but coming from a heart like hers makes them treasures. Enjoy, my friend.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    XOXO's,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete