Sunday, February 17, 2019

Update on Me This Time

Since I recently did Updates on my 3 PuppyKids, Jasper, Rosie and Angel [they went to their new forever homes at least a year ago now and I got updates from all 3 moms], I thought it was time for me to update you on what I'm doing.

I've been getting along fine in Milwaukee.  I even have a great little job, selling Paparazzi $5 jewelry and doing FB live shows.

But, I am once again on the move, as they say?!?

I have given a great deal of thought to where I am living and some of the things I don't like about the apartment, the complex, the maintenance and management and figured it was time for me to begin apartment hunting.


Yes, I do realize that I just moved in here last June - the end of the month.  But there are enough negative things that make a search and move necessary.  I've been making a list of things to check on and look for in my new apartment.  Since I'm going to be 70 this year, I thought it might be a good thing to check into some 55 and over apartments, with elevators, underground parking and a few other things.  I want this next place to be something I will stay at long term.

Did you know that in 1988 I fell and hurt myself when I was selling cars and trucks at Braeger Chevrolet, one of the largest Car businesses around?  I really tore up my right knee, had 8 surgeries over 4 years on it and endured months of physical therapy.  I ended up needing to use a cane and walked with a limp.  My surgeon told me in the mid 1990's that by 2000 I would need a knee replacement.  I found a physical therapist who had first hand knowledge of torn up knees, as she fell skiing and tore up both of hers and designed her own therapy and recovered and went back to skiing.  I saw her a few times a week for several months.  To make a long story short...

It's 2019, and I do not walk with a limp nor do I use a cane.  I did not have a knee replacement either.  I have my good old born with leg!!  And I seldom have any pain at all.  With that said, I want to remain that way...and want to be on the first floor of an apartment without an elevator. 

I also want to move further north and west of Milwaukee.

This past weekend, I did my homework, scouring the internet for apartments, making notes, adding to my WANT list and getting ready to make phone calls, and scheduling appointments.  Now I need to weather to cooperate.  Some of these place are an hour and a half away from where I live now.  My main objective is to get a more affordable apartment, since I am still living on a very small income.  Either that or stay with the amount I currently pay and have some amenities...and that's not possible in the Milwaukee area or even the surrounding counties.  But, that's OK...I'm ready to do this.

I will be taking a break from blogging while I scoot around looking at apartments.  My goal is to be out of here no later than the end of June and that is only 18 weeks away.  I hope I can find something sooner than that, even if I pay a penalty to break my lease.  I'm just not feeling it here.  So, if you don't see me around for a while, that's what I'll be doing.

Wish me luck...and God's speed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment